Top 10 Interior Design Trends
Many of my stylish and fashion-forward clients ask me questions about what's trendy in interior design and they look to me for advice on how to create interior spaces that are au courant. Here's a list of what's in and what's out right now:
- Like fashion, hits from decades gone-by sometimes resurface. Interior design trends from the 80s and 90s are making a comeback, specifically: country-style, open kitchens, preppy, shabby chic and chintz.
- New items and vintage pieces make for an interesting eclectic interior. Go ahead, mix in some gold or Lucite with your reclaimed wood.
- I am happy to report that beige is out! Consider grey and white your new beige. Add pops of color, like cobalt blue, green or turquoise, to this clean neutral palette.
- Rose gold isn't just for wedding bands, and copper isn't just for plumbing. These malleable metals are appearing in curtain rods and home accessories too.
- Black stainless steel appliances are winning popularity contests.
- Bring in the shine by using fabrics that have metallic threads woven throughout.
- But go matte with paint and finishes, ditch the high-luster look from yesteryear.
- Don't stop there, go matte with wood trim, doors and wood window treatments like blinds and shutters too.
- Continue to go wild with tribal patterns.
- Clean lines, open and airy spaces, mixing rustic elements with contemporary touches... these are a few of the trendiest things.
In closing, I don't believe in trends as they have a tendency to look dated once their season is over, instead, I favor timeless interiors.