Ten More Design Trends
I recently did a list of Top Ten Design Trends and realized that there were ten more things I needed to share with you; here they are:
- Window coverings are getting light and airy. Moving up in popularity are woven woods and solar screens.
- Hanging plants in wall-mounted planters or displaying them in pretty handmade pottery is very in right now. High on the list are air plants, succulents and cactus.
- Shag rugs are back! They add texture to an interior space and can make a room feel more luxe and cozy.
- In the bathroom, we are seeing a move towards hand-painted cement tiles as well as larger rectangular shaped tiles with bold geometric accents.
- What's trending in art? Thin frames with a neutral matting look current. Large-scale artwork is favored over busy gallery walls. Mixing thrift store finds with high-end art is catching on and creating a unique and eclectic look.
- Contemporary and Modern Farmhouse styles are both popular now.
- In the bedroom it's time to lose the matching bedding sets in favor of mixing colors and textures.
- Upholstered headboards are winning over wood beds.
- Themed rooms and accent walls are outdated.
- Heavy furniture and anything in oak are out of favor.